Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Review: You Will Pay by Eve Rabi


Blurb:
When the cop's backs were turned, he whispered. “I will get you for this. I will hurt you in such a way, you will never recover from it. You will never be the same.” “What? You want to kill me for leaving you, Tom?” “Nope. Want you to live. Hurt every day. Suffer. Wait and see, Arena.” I stopped and looked at him. His eyes were like granite and a chill ran through me. What did he mean?

Excerpt:
"The part I hated most about my miserable existence – the bedroom.
I hated the way he demanded sex just about every night, forced me into perverted positions and the fact that he was insatiable.
Hated the way he roughed me up during sex, grabbed my hair, twisted my neck, the way his hand fastened around my throat while thrusting vigorously into me, the way he took total control over my body and my soul and dominated me in the harshest possible way, the way he demanded I orgasm in record time, then got irritated when I didn’t, the way I had to fake it just to please him, the way I broke down and cried in the bathroom so many times after sex with him, the man I had chosen to have and to hold."


Review:
This book by Eve Rabi was a very quick read...less than a day and it was partially because it pulled me in from the very beginning so I didn't stop until I had to make dinner! I immediately related on multiple levels to the main character, Arena. She married young to a man who swept her off her feet and only when she tied the knot, did she realize she married a monster. I enjoyed that the author went into great detail about the fights, the arguments, and the way she was beaten. It sets the stage well for us to view her husband as the villain. I think any woman who puts up with abuse for a sustained period of time has some internal or mental struggles of her own to over come, and I would have loved the author to touch on those topics. I was glad when Arena did finally leave her husband and moved on with her life. I thought it ingenious of the character to stockpile the presents and jewelry and resell them to stash cash from her husband. When Arena fell for her homeless looking neighbor next door, I was thrilled. He seemed like the rare, special type of man we all crave...a big giant protector teddy bear. Yum! This book is full of heartache, twists and turns, and a brilliant plot of revenge at the end of the book. You will see the main character emerge from her meek, battered, shell of a woman and blossom into a devious little vixen! Thanks for keeping me entertained for a day Eve!

This book is FREE on
Smashwords 
iTunes
Barnes and Noble

To get it free in your country, please click on “tell us about a lower price’ on Amazon’s product page and provide them with one of these links.
http://www.amazon.com/You-Will-Pay-Leaving-ebook/dp/B00CPSGLEE




No comments:

Post a Comment